Pancake Day is coming and it is time to treat yourself with some very delicious, sugar-free and fluffy pancakes. Here is a simple but wonderful recipe for you. With our Yummy Sweet Red sweetener your pancake will have 0 g sugar. Try it!
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 measuring spoons of Yummy Sweet Red
- 2 eggs
- 300ml buttermilk
- 4 tbsp milk
- oil and butter for cooking
- Tip the flour, baking powder and Yummy Sweet Red into a large bowl with a small pinch of salt. Crack the eggs into a bowl with the buttermilk and milk, then whisk together. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture while whisking – don’t worry about the odd lump.
- Heat a splash of oil and a small knob of butter in a non-stick frying pan until sizzling. Add spoonfuls of batter to make pancakes the size you like.
- Cook until bubbles start to form on the surface, then flip carefully and cook on the other side. Cover loosely and keep warm in a low oven while you cook another batch.
What you put on top is up to you but some common combinations for fluffy pancakes are:
- Maple syrup, sometimes with bacon
- Fruit compotes
- Lemon curd
Enjoy! You can take a look at our Yummy Sweet Red sweetener here.